There can be some confusion about the labeling of Microsoft Windows Mobile Devices. This page is dedicated to helping users quickly identify whether their device is a
Windows Mobile Smartphone, Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Windows Phone 7 device.
Notable Windows Phone 7 Features
- Has a touch screen but no stylus (uses finger presses instead)
- Has a large screen and three physical buttons
- Does not have a numeric keypad
Notable Windows Mobile Pocket PC Features
(Also known as Windows Mobile Professional and Windows Mobile Classic)
- Has a touch screen and stylus
- Typically larger than an average cell phone
- Usually does not have a numeric keypad (numbers 1 to 9)
- Some older versions don't operate as a phone
Notable Windows Mobile Smartphone Features
(Also known as Windows Mobile Standard)
- No touch screen and no stylus
- Usually has a numeric keypad (some have full keyboards)
- Typically similar in size to other modern cell phones.
If you are unsure what type of device you are using, please contact us via the support page and we'll make sure you get the correct product for your mobile device. If you have purchased an incorrect version, Implicit Software Solutions Inc can e-mail you the correct version if the software is available for your type of mobile phone/device.